Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about KARPAZ EXPRESS
Is there a hotel pick-up?
There is an optional pick-up from Lapta and Alsancak – Kyrenia WEST. The stations are on the main road, close to the hotels RIVERSIDE, SEMPATI or DENIZKIZI, the extra fee is 3€ per person for pick-up and drop-off (please check the map on homepage and booking section). Normally we meet our guests at 9:20 at the main parking place “Baldoken” in Kyrenia, station “Kyrenia CENTER” on our map. This is also the bus terminal for the minibuses coming from west and east side of Kyrenia. Departure from Kyrenia is at 9:30. On the way we have one more bus stop at main road next to the entrance gate of Acapulco Hotel in Catalköy.
Which services are included in the tour price?
- Bus/minibus transfer with AC
- English speaking guiding
Which services are not included in the tour price?
- Meals, drinks and personal expenses (please consult our guide for lunch options; there is sea bream available at Hasan´s at GOLDEN BEACH for around 10€ per person)
- sunbeds and umbrellas at the beach (1€ per person)
- tips for your KARPAZEXPRESS crew
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off from Lapta and Alsancak for only 3€ per person – please check interactive map and booking sections for departure times.
Is booking in advance required?
A pre-reservation is required – if you just come to the meeting point before departure time you can still participate if there are places left. We can only garantee a fix place after reservation and payment.
How can I book?
- At selected hotels and tour operators (ask at your reception)
- online: here on karpazexpress.com (with PayPal payment option)
- at SIDETOUR office in Kyrenia (5 minutes from harbour)
What shall I bring for this trip?
- swimming gear
- comfortable cloth and shoes
Is this a guided tour?
There will be an English speaking guide on the bus who gives general information about Karpaz and will be there for you to answer your questions. The guide will also assist you with pre-ordering meals on the GOLDEN BEACH or APOSTOLOS ANDREAS if required.
Can I book only an one-way-trip also?
Of course you can book also a one-way-trip if you plan to stay in Karpaz for some days. See the price list in the booking section
Can I join from Nicosia?
Of course you can join from Nicosia, there are in general 3 different possibilities to come to Kyrenia.
- KOMBOS public transport company brings you from Nicosia to Kyrenia for only 3€. See the map for starting point
- At the check-point LEDRA PALACE you can find a taxi to Kyrenia (from Turkish-Cypriot side of the crossing) for around 25€ per ride for 4 persons
- If you are 4 or more persons we are happy to offer you a private 2-way transfer (including return transfer after the tour) from the LEDRA PALACE check point for only 15€ per person. Departure time is 8:30 from Nicosia.
Is there a fix time table for the tour?
Yes, please see the timetable below